Friday, March 6, 2009

how curious was my palate?

one of the joys about living in los angeles is that it is more often than not that winters are beautiful. today was no exception. so, i took a very long walk in the westside and found myself at curious palate. i wish i could say that i just stumbled upon it. but, a friend had actually already clued me in to this place while i was gallivanting around in tanzania.

the place was quite quaint. curious palate appears to serve healthy fare and it had a selection of meats and cheeses on display. i was to walk some more after my stop so i didn't buy anything to take home. and i wasn't that hungry either (it was only 10:15 am).




so, i opted for a large bowl of mac 'n cheese. (you haven't seen me hungry.) it had the requisite crunch factor at the top and gooey cheese inside. it wasn't the best mac n' cheese i ever had. but it sure was good enough for me to come back at a later date so i can check out their other goodies.



i mean, after all, they do serve this pinot noir soda (which basically tasted like grape juice. at 130 calories, i don't think it was worth it for me to have it again but the novelty was sure worth it).



No comments: