Wednesday, February 27, 2008

quotable quotes

i have heard plenty of random and/or strange (for a lack of a better word) "quotables" in my lifetime. some i poached from other people's experience -- because they are worth sharing. either way, all these "quotables" amuse me and/or make me go "huh?" they are not really "lines," as you shall see...

so, here are my favorites:

1. "you're ugly and nobody loves you anyway." my personal favorite.

2. "do you know anyone who committed suicide?" i swear to you, someone actually said this at a very lively bar... as recently as last friday night.

3. "vocé está brenquendo con meu coração." portuguese for "you're toying with my heart." a local brasilian boy said in earnest to my friend. wow, someone really says $hit like that in real life.

4. "i hope your attraction brings you joy." a friend to a psycho needy date. i love it!

5. "you remind me of a dolphin." does this ever work? what does it even mean? and i don't care if you work at sea world!

6. "you're old." this requires more explaining, but funny nonetheless.

i'll probably keep on adding/deleting "quotables" as time goes by. it makes me laugh.

No comments: