Wednesday, February 27, 2008

it's the arizonas

i am crossing my fingers for tomorrow and saturday.

the first 2 of the last four games before the pac-10 tournament.

both the sun devils and wildcats are currently on the bubble and would want a big win against ucla to ensure entry into the big dance.

ucla better get its defense together -- it has not been as impressive as the past 2 years (i know people are saying that the bruins have been better defensively in terms of points allowed, etc.; i still think tho that they have not been as shut-down as last year)... but then again, bruin defense in the past 2 years has been phenomenal!!!

i know the bruins beat ASU big last time, but ASU should have learned from the last game and may have sharpened its zone. ...and we all know how UCLA plays against the zone.

one thing to look forward to: i don't think we will see a slacker effort from kevin love anytime soon as quoted here:
Without offering an absolute explanation for what he called his "low energy level," UCLA freshman Kevin Love promised he would not have another game in which his enthusiasm and focus seemed away from basketball, alluding to UCLA's victory over Oregon last Saturday. Love said he talked with Bruins Coach Ben Howland and with his family afterward. "It wasn't that I had a bad attitude," Love said. "It was just one of those games where I was out of it and I have to apologize to the team about that because I shouldn't let my actions affect my team. Another game like that is not going to happen. It's not fair to me, not fair to my teammates, not fair to my coaches and not fair to fans."


this kid is just great!

No comments: