Tuesday, June 17, 2008

tim russert

my condolences go out to tim russert's family.

on friday, he died of a heart attack.

his death has caused me to do a bit of reflection on my own life. according to the buffalo news:
Russert, the renowned NBC newsman and one-man Chamber of Commerce for his native Buffalo, was sitting at his desk Friday, recording voice-overs for the Sunday edition of “Meet the Press,” when he suddenly collapsed and died.


by all accounts, he seems to have loved his job.

and that is great.

but for me, if i had a choice, i do not want to die at work. the preference, of course, is to die peacefully and painlessly after a long, full life and after many many years of enjoying retirement. but, if that was not possible, then i would rather die while exploring the world and/or experiencing the many pleasures of life (my kind of pleasure, that is).

but alas, i have no vote in such things.

if you are reading this: go. do. life is short.

No comments: