Monday, July 23, 2007

i got caught in the harry potter mania

so i ordered my harry potter and the deathly hallows (book 7) and i had it scheduled to be delivered on july 21, 2007 -- the release date.

at noon on july 21, ups had not delivered it. so i called ups. ups said they delivered it to my post office the day before and that usps would deliver it on july 21 with my regular mail.

at 3 pm on july 21, i received my mail but no harry potter. so i called the post office and asked why i haven't received my harry potter. they said it was because so many people ordered it and their system was: deliver all mail to all households on their route, then deliver all the harry potters.

so what did i do?

i walked around my neighborhood until i found the post woman, showed her my driver's license and asked (without sounding like a stalker) to have my harry potter. luckily, she did not think i was psycho and gave me my harry potter.

i then ran home and read. and read. and it was gooooooooooooooooooooood.

if there is that remote chance that jk rowling reads this blog, here's my message:
thank you for the series!

now here are my questions:
what happened to the dursleys?
what happened to george weasley and the joke shop?
what happened to the death eaters? was there a war crimes tribunal?
what happened to seamus, cho chang, luna, etc.?
what happened to mcgonnagal, sibyl trelawney, filch, etc.?
where did harry and family live - 12 grimmauld, godric's hollow or elsewhere?
what happened to kreacher?


best line of the book (us page 736):
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B!^*H!"


No comments: